Hey, it's me again!!
Today I will talk about the EVS project and how my first week in Reşiţa was.
I went to a place named Primavara which is like a center for children with disabilities. I thought I would'nt like it because I never "worked" with children with special needs but it was pretty amazing. First of all, the view was amazing, we could see the mountains and it was so cool! So we went there and played some games with the kids. I really enjoyed it, it was incredible how they treated me even if it was my first time there. A girl called Anna hugged me so much that i felt i was suffocating; and a guy named Alex (i guess) was smiling all the time and doing some jokes.
On another day I went to a primary school which has a kindergarten too and this one was not on the top of the mountain but was seriously on a place very very remote. This school teaches children from roma comunity, they were amazing, the way they called my name was so funny and sweet. There, we helped them painting christmas trees and when i was in this school i realized how much a language can affect our comunication with the others. They were always talking to me but in romanian and I only know portuguese and english, so when they needed help to draw a present, for example, they had to get up and go to the board to explain whitch thing they wanted me to draw. It was the first time I really felt the language can be an obstacle between people. I also understood they are from a poor community, they were fascinated because I had a Samsung...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming back